I have a personal checklist of what goes in my carryall each time I switch them. Wallet, hand cream, comb, (check) tissue, gum, flashlight (check-don't ask), water, and my MAC makeup bag. Yes, I need all of the aforementioned items. But I REALLY must have the items in that little black case. Currently, it holds:
* a pair of contact lenses
* L'Oreal Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner in Black
* MAC 219 Pencil Brush
* MAC Cremesheen Glass in Richer, Lusher
* MAC Lipgelee in Dewy Jube
* MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Beyond Bronze
* MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty
* Sonia Kashuk Travel Blusher Brush
* NARS Dual Ended Lip Gloss in Giza/Boogie Nights
* Tom Ford Black Orchid spritzer and
* a mirror
Of course, I trade some products for different shades but essentially, that's everything. If you want a splash of color, the Liberty of London is the MAC Makeup Bag for you...it has a vinyl protective coating that makes it easy to clean. ($25 at MACcosmetics.com) For easy touch-ups and a cute compact case, check out the JAPONESQUE PROFESSIONAL SET. Contains five brushes in a take-anywhere tube. ($19 @ Ulta.com).
Now, it's your turn...Tell me what's in YOUR makeup bag?