The secret? A highly pigmented powder-gel hybrid that combines shimmer and translucent emollients to lock in color. The how to? Use a slightly dampened brush to apply a sheer amount of color onto your lid.
Do we really need an eye shadow that lasts all day? Maybe not, but shadow that takes us from "desks to drinks" can't be all bad. In stores in October 2010/$32 each.
(Courtesty of InStyle 9/2010)
I've been sharing tips that I thought would interest you. Let's kick off the season with fall's top trends from YOUR POINT OF VIEW, your fall forecast.
- What trends you want to try?
- Which shades do you want to experiment with?
- Do you know your skin type?
- Want an option to basic black?
- Do you know what works best for your body type?
- Where can you find????
Fall Wardrobe: In Stores Now
Decide what's your best feature.
Try on outfits appropriate for your lifestyle.
Incorporate essentials like sweaters, blazers, and an uber feminine dress that takes you from dawn to dusk.
Fall Beauty Forecast
Decide what's your best feature.
Try on new shades at the counter to see how they wear.
Limited edition palettes provide complimentary colors for eyes, lips, and cheeks (one stop shopping). I like the NARS "Only You" Eye & Cheek Palette/$65.
Play with velvety textures, shimmery finishes, and plush mattes.
I'm loving the subtle roar of kittens on the runway. And now a preview of fiercely feline inspired makeup? Only MAC can give it to you like this. I received my post card announcing THE fall collection. The Fabulous Feline launch consists of three new collections that mimic the textures and colours of prized pedigrees. Playing on the seduction of a lithe cat, The Palace Pedigreed, The Leopard Luxe and the Burmese Beauty consist of lipsticks and Lipglass, Cremestick Liners, seductive shadow quads, pigments, and Mineralize blushes. And to complete the perfect cat eye look, each collection contains Plushblack Mascara and Superslick Liquid Eye Liners. There's even a signature felt cosmetic bag with faux leather trim to match each one. Available August 26th.
- At home versions of the MINX nail craze. Available at Sephora by OPI Chic Prints for Nails in a variety of patterns including Fishnet and Chrome Lace/$15. Each nail patch is a solid pre-cut film for a one-time application.
- CHINA GLAZE Poolside Collection -- Yellow Polka Dot Bikini: a creamy neon yellow/$7 @ beauty supply stores.
- REVLON's Sparkling Top Coat -- Slipper: a clear polish with extremely sparkly glitter/$5 @ drugstores.
- ORLY's DIY Starter Kit that includes five lacquers and a Duo Dotter tool for design application/$32 at ulta.com. Click here video tutorial.
- The ROCKER CHIC Mini Collection, also at Sephora, can be carried over into fall. This quad promises long wearing, chip resistant color for an upgrade to any neutral palette/$18.
Another thing I'm looking forward to is the big September issue. Of VOGUE. The magazine previews:
- amazing fashion -- some that I can trickle into my wardrobe and some that I will only covet;
- practical beauty looks for everyday wear and inspirational makeup strictly for editorials.
The scar serum was created by Erin Elmore (from Apprentice 3) after suffering from several injuries that caused serious scarring. She teamed with Dr. Shareef Jandali, Chief of Plastic Surgery at University of Pennsylvania who tired of friends and family complaining of high priced treatments. Word spread with every use and now even doctors recommend the product. Post surgical patients are raving about SCARTINI and some are using it to ward off wrinkles and as a make up base. The concentrated serum travels well and is only $29.99. Could be worth adding to your medicine cabinet.
ALLURE Best of Beauty Award Winner
- WET 'N' WILD Eyeliner Pencil: Great for the times you want to experiment with a new color or look but aren't willing to shell out the money. Approx $1.
- SALLY HANSEN Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color: 32 shades, one coat coverage, and the quickest drying time -- enough said. $5
- RIMMEL LONDON Stir It Up Eyeshadow: Cream eye shadow mixed with two shades of powder results in a different blend every time. $7.50
- DOVE Beauty Bar: A rich blend of cleansers and lush moisturizers. No other beauty bar has more natural skin moisturizers. $2.49
SELF Healthy Beauty Award Winner
- SUAVE Naturals Apricot Exfoliating Body Wash: Sloughs off dead skin with ground coconut and apricot. $3
- SMASHBOX Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer: Skin protecting peptides and antioxidants come together with a light color for the perfect canvas. $30
- URBAN DECAY 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil: Jojoba oil and Vitamin E condition lips to improve the application. Plus it's waterproof so sip away ladies. (TIP: Try Ozone, the clear shade, to keep lip gloss in place longer.) $17
The Balm contains Shea butter for hydration, astringent citrus fruit, and salicylic acid to remove dead skin. Also contains bilberry, a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory to combat cell damage. Great for hands and feet. $24
Sugar Mama Honey Scrub has aloe, coconut and raw honey in it. By now you know I am a fan of raw honey: it locks in moisture and has natural antiseptic properties. Try the scrub in the shower to gently exfoliate skin. $26
Opulent Body Butter is an extra rich cream for all over body moisture. Works best on extremely dry skin. Calendula and sweet almond oil ensure long lasting hydration. $18.
The finest ingredients promote healthy beautiful skin...so get your glow on.
Available at Neiman Marcus or glowologyskincare.com.
I love the bohemian look especially for summer. It's so easy and free -- beaded necklaces and piles of bangles, but a boho headband? Ummm...I'll pass. However Zoe Kravitz does make it look like a "do". It just fits her character. She looks adorable.
- Give Your Skin a Glow. Our skin dulls with age if we don't exfoliate. Try a glycolic peel at least once a week.
- Don't Ditch the Eyeliner. Fake a bright-eyed look by applying black liner on the top lid, thickening it at the outer corners and add mascara.
- Avoid Frosty Shadows. On mature skin, they tend to highlight fine lines and look harsh. Soften the look with subtle shimmers.
- Resist the Urge to Glob on Eye Cream. You may wake up with itchy, even puffier eyes the next day.
- Use Concealer Like a Pro. Choose a creamy formula in a yellow-based shade for blue/purple shadows, peach-base for brown discoloration. Blend with a brush focusing on the inner corners and set with loose powder.
- Cream Blush: The forgiving alternative to bright powder for a youthful look. The texture holds better on older skin for a natural flush.
- Eat Skinny Foods. Almonds, salmon, dark leafy veges and green tea are essential for antioxidants, zinc and vitamin C. These yummy skin refreshers promote cell turnover naturally.
- Hair Scoops: Long choppy bangs soften your face if you have a short cut (and hide forehead wrinkles), loose waves are universally flattering for long hair, and highlights illuminate the face as opposed to opaque colors. If you're prone to wear ponytails, try a sideswept or loose one...pretty, sexy and sophisticated all at once.
Bottom line, even though 40 is the new 30, this stuff may just work for us! As for the rest of you, a head start is always a good thing.
Whether you prefer a brick and mortar experience to online shopping, the site is a good reference for key pieces that accentuate your silhouette. Here's to individuality...Happy shopping dolls!
Developed by a board certified podiatrist, the makeup covers a multitude of shoe sins! The foot concealer is formulated to fade scars while it hides unsightly marks. You can also dab it on shaving nicks and mosquito bites. Plus, you can pack it with your favorite bikini to the beach cause it's water resistant. The six shades may work best for brown beauties so select your shade here. Call 877/849-TOES to order for only $17.99.