You can try it at SEPHORA stores or order it online at www.urbandecay.com.
Consult with your dentist to get options for a brighter whiter smile. They offer quick fixes that can change the look of your smile with beautiful results. Depending on how much time you have you can close gaps, straighten teeth or get rid of discoloration. An over-the-counter option to refresh a smile is SPRAY WHITE 90/$150. The kit brightens dull-looking teeth in a couple of minutes...literally. The no-mess two-step process includes a spray treatment that whitens with peroxide in 90 seconds.
For a DIY approach, a little baking soda will do just fine! Getting a picture perfect smile is easier than ever.
Tips for the Perfect Pictures:
Keep your t-zone in check with blot paper. Unfortunately not all blot papers are created equal.
You have to find one that:
* erases the shine with without taking off your makeup.
* has finely milled powder to prevent product buildup.
* mattifies skin without a drying appearance.
Brands I like:
The MAC Cosmetics Blot Film: Perfect travel size -- 30 sheets/$13.50.
The BOSCIA Blotting Linens: A green option free of dyes, chemicals, parabens and sulfates. Great for sensitive skin. 100 sheets/$10 at Sephora.
The SONIA KASHUK Blotting Papers oversized blot tissue. 100 sheets/$7 (VALUE)
Blotting papers keep skin fresh and shine free -- great on makeup-free faces too! They're a staple item in my kit and are perfect for male and female clients alike.
Do you use blotting papers? Post your favs in the comments section.
- Make sure your lips are prepped in advance. Use a baby toothbrush, granulated sugar and olive oil to slough away dry skin.
- Prevent bleeding color by applying lip pencil in a matching shade and smudge to soften line. Or you can use a clear lip liner from L'OREAL Crayon Petite Automatic Lip Liner at www.drugstore.com/$9. I like the SMASHBOX Nude Lip Liner/$16. Available in four shades.
- Apply lipstick with a lip brush for even application. Blot with tissue and reapply to lock in color. You can also use a little foundation around natural lip line to "clean up."
These tips work for any bold color: deep berries, magentas, fuchsias and oranges! Don't forget to carry the lip color with you for reapplication. At end of day, use an oil-based makeup remover to remove all residue. If you're still nervous about the impact of full color, go for a lip stain instead.
Finding a solid skincare regime can be costly (trial & error methods) and dermatologists are expensive. What's really cool is that mySkin.com is completely 100% unbiased. They don't push products. Online consults are tailored to your needs specifically and based on stuff you already use. Purchase products from brands like MURAD, ANTHONY LOGISTICS for Men and OPI to name a few. mySkin.com provides expert assistance to all ethnic backgrounds, age groups and both sexes. And did I mention that it's F.R.E.E?
More news coming on this phenomenal site soon...Stay tuned!
Bring It Down: You can apply the same exfoliating products, moisturizers and sunscreens to your neck and chest. Use scrubs with soft beads to avoid irritation to these sensitive areas. For mild body acne, try an anti-bacterial wash like DIAL All Day Freshness Lavender & Twilight Jasmine AntiBacterial Body Wash/$4 at Walmart. Or mix a few drops of tea tree oil with distilled water in the shower and apply to neck and chest.
* Reduce wrinkles by being propped up properly. Deep creases may be caused by the constant strain of looking down.
* Apply face masks to neck and chest area too. Follow with a cool water rinse to close pores.
* Give your neck a gentle massage with slow stretches to keep it toned.
(post inspired by NewBeauty.com)
(image from googleimages.com)
For Dry Hair: Mix one half of a mashed avocado with 1/2 cup of *olive oil and 1/4 *almond oil. If you have an itchy scalp, massage the mask into your scalp for five minutes. Be sure to coat all of your hair with the mixture. Cover your head with a plastic cap for fifteen minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Continue with your shampoo/conditioning routine.
*The fatty acids in the two oils are super hydrating and strengthen the hair. The protein and amino acids found in the avocado also fortify the hair shaft and leads to less breakage.
This DIY deep conditioning treatment is essential for healthy hair. Two of my other favorite hair secrets: I rub pure coconut oil onto my hair prior to relaxing and I trim my ends every two to three weeks. Share your hair care secrets with us here...would love to hear from you. Check out InStyle for the 50 Best Hair Tips from around the world.
(above image credit: WireImage)
Isn't it ironic that I came across an article from GLAMOUR featuring product finds for all over beautiful skin? I'll share some of Baze Mpinja's (GLAMOUR Beauty Editor) tips with you.
1. PROTECTION: I'm on the right track. Protecting your skin takes priority on the list. In the world of peels and laser treatments, basic coverage with a good sunscreen is a must. Make it easy --choose a sunscreen or moisturizer with an SPF 30 and antioxidants like green tea and Vitamins A or C. Try Origins A Perfect World SPF 35 UV Face Protector/$27.50. Don't forget your neck and chest!
2. FIGHT: Chest breakouts can easily be remedied with a salicylic wash. Shower with an antibacterial soap right after your workout or at end of day since trapped sweat can clog pores. Try Neutrogena Body Clear Scrub/$6 to gently sweep away dead skin cells without pore-clogging residue.
3. SMOOTH: With barely there ensembles, you want your legs to be scar free. A fresh blade will help to avoid nicks when shaving...change frequently. And try not to scratch bumps or dry spots. Keeping your skin hydrating is essential. Sometimes I switch my body lotion with Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel with Shea Butter & Cocoa Butter. Conditions and nourishes my legs with natural ingredients and leaves behind a great glow.
Get more body beautiful recommendations here.
(Post inspired by Baze Mpinja for Glamour.com)
The event includes a panel discussion on beauty and fashion with brand ambassador, Bria Murphy, ESSENCE Beauty Director, Corynne L. Corbett, celebrity stylist Carlton Jones and celebrity hairstylist Eric Bland.
Get your photo taken on site AND a mini Q&A explaining Why You Are Dark and Lovely? Grand prize includes a trip to NYC for two, a $5K shopping spree and a hair makeover by artistic style director, Johnny Wright. Even better, you will star in your own ad in ESSENCE Magazine. Takes place on June 15th. All Big Apple bellas should come to the Metropolitan Pavilion (hope to see you there)! The rest of you can register online/click here to enter. Contest ends August 8, 2011.
Nitrolicious is a lipglass I would wear for sure...an intense red with high shine. Would love to see how All Of My Purple Life looks on me. And the shadows, Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle* (a deep rusty brown with champagne-colored sparkle) Parisian Skies (a muted grey-blue) and Jealousy Wakes (emerald green tinged with teal and a gold pearl) are bee-u-tee-ful! Perfect to use as shadow for a smokey eye or liner. Truth be told, I like all of the shades...they're rich and sexy!
Only downfall, the launch is exclusive to maccosmetics.com. All makeup mavens can purchase The Bloggers Obsessions Collection on June 21, 2011/$14.50 per item.
*Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle was created by The Beauty Blogging Junkie, Amber Katz. The other bloggers are Afrobella, The Makeup Girl, Lipstick Powder N Paint, Temptalia, Makeup and Beauty Blog, Nitrolicious, The Shades of You and The Beauty Maverick who all deserve a standing ovation. Congratulations to all contributors for your dedication to beauty!
- Dab it onto your brow and cheek bones as a dewy highlight.
- Coat your lashes with a bit of Vaseline to protect and make them look thicker.
- Rub it into fingertips to fight cracked cuticles and moisturize nails.
- After a shower, massage a thin layer of Vaseline into hands and feet and cover with socks. Softens feet and improves circulation.
- Mix with sea salt as a scrub to gently exfoliate heels.
- Apply as a barrier before applying hair dye and relaxers.
- Use as a base for lipstick or simply as a gloss.
- Retaining water? Smooth on fingers so rings slip on and off easily.
Do you have a unconventional use for Vaseline? Please share with us in the comment box below.
(Photo from GoogleImages.com)