My photo
Tri-State/NYC, United States
Rekindling my love affair with beauty...mind, body and soul.

11.01.2010

The Primary Step

Many women complain that their makeup virtually disappears by end of day. Shadows are creased, blush is gone, and foundation has slid off! What you can do to make your "look" last all day is apply primer. Primer ensures that your makeup stays on longer, fills fine lines, diminishes pores and evens skin tone. More importantly, (for me anyway), it absorbs oil. Some contain silicone while some don't. I've been playing with a few over the last few weeks with my clients. Most recently:


LORAC aquaPRIME Oil Free Makeup Primer: Silicone-free, water-based and hydrating. My client's skin had a soft dewy finish without a greasy feel or look. Her skin looked flawless and natural. I got a sample to try myself...will let you know my findings. $30 at Sephora.

CLARINS Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch: Light and smooth to the touch yet still melts lines away. Take a test run -- apply a bit in the palm of your hand. Compare with the other hand to see the difference for yourself. It smooths almost completely and is ultra soft. Small jar but a little goes a long way. $32 at Neimanmarcus.com.

Other favs: MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Powder, L'Oreal Studio Secrets Perfecting Magic Base and BENEFITS Dr. Feelgood (contains Vitamins C & E).






No comments:

Post a Comment