My photo
Tri-State/NYC, United States
Rekindling my love affair with beauty...mind, body and soul.

2.16.2011

Fashion Week/Sachika Fall Collection 2011

So one of my dearest friends invited me to the SACHIKA Fall 2011 show, "The Awakening of a Swan." I'm not sure if it was because of the "swan" connection or what, but I'm glad he did.
The introduction showcased a beautiful swan-inspired performance from The New York City Ballet dancers. The show itself was inspired by the movie, "The Black Swan" and Kanye's film "Runaway." The designs were beautiful featuring strong accent colors and of course, feathers! Tailored jackets in muted shades with shoulder pads, flowy dresses and metallic tunics. The coats were a hit as well! Sophisticated pieces in fall colors with a mix of textures and silhouettes -- very feminine and lady-like.
The brand celebrates women who are strong, independent and ambitious. Probably what most of us aspire to be.
At the end of it all, I ran into another friend who makes yummy treats...All Big Apple babes, you NEED to hit up Tonnie's Minis...The red velvet cupcakes are divine!
I'm really glad I was able to attend. Check out more photos here (I'm in row 9!)

No comments:

Post a Comment