My photo
Tri-State/NYC, United States
Rekindling my love affair with beauty...mind, body and soul.

6.10.2011

The "How To" For All Over Sexy Summer Skin

Today I found myself at the beach, slathering on sunscreen and sipping icy cold water. It gave me the chance to take a good look at my skin in natural light. My thoughts? Since this is the season of baring skin, I want to do all I can to make sure my skin looks and feels great.


Isn't it ironic that I came across an article from GLAMOUR featuring product finds for all over beautiful skin? I'll share some of Baze Mpinja's (GLAMOUR Beauty Editor) tips with you.


1. PROTECTION: I'm on the right track. Protecting your skin takes priority on the list. In the world of peels and laser treatments, basic coverage with a good sunscreen is a must. Make it easy --choose a sunscreen or moisturizer with an SPF 30 and antioxidants like green tea and Vitamins A or C. Try Origins A Perfect World SPF 35 UV Face Protector/$27.50. Don't forget your neck and chest!


2. FIGHT: Chest breakouts can easily be remedied with a salicylic wash. Shower with an antibacterial soap right after your workout or at end of day since trapped sweat can clog pores. Try Neutrogena Body Clear Scrub/$6 to gently sweep away dead skin cells without pore-clogging residue.


3. SMOOTH: With barely there ensembles, you want your legs to be scar free. A fresh blade will help to avoid nicks when shaving...change frequently. And try not to scratch bumps or dry spots. Keeping your skin hydrating is essential. Sometimes I switch my body lotion with Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel with Shea Butter & Cocoa Butter. Conditions and nourishes my legs with natural ingredients and leaves behind a great glow.


Get more body beautiful recommendations here.


(Post inspired by Baze Mpinja for Glamour.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment