My photo
Tri-State/NYC, United States
Rekindling my love affair with beauty...mind, body and soul.

2.16.2012

Pro Artist of The Month for L'Oreal Paris

Yours truly was named Pro Makeup Artist of the Month by L'OREAL PARIS...such an honor amid so much talent!


Some details from my Q&A session:

Q: How did you start your career?

"I was artistic as a child and I always loved to draw. I started to take art classes and designing in my teens, and then started exploring with makeup. While I worked in the music industry, a makeup artist came in with one of the performers. I watched J.J. Jacobucci apply makeup that fit the artist's personal style. She really catered to her individuality and I decided I wanted to do that same thing. Not long after, a friend needed help at a counter on Black Friday at Nordstrom for another L'Oreal brand, Shu Uemura and that was my humble beginning."

Q: When did you get your first break?

"It was the first wedding I booked. The bride did not have a bridal party, so all eyes were focused on her. I felt a tremendous amount of pressure knowing the look I created would be captured in pictures and treasured for years to come."

Q: What is your favorite L'Oreal Paris product?

"I'm a huge fan of Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black. It adds length and thickness to my skimpy lashes and is ALWAYS in my kit! I also love HiP Studio Secrets Eye Shadow Duos -- a dual pan of incredibly pigmented shadows at a fraction of the cost of luxury brands. My go to? Showy/#224!"

2 comments:

  1. SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO PROUD OF YOU! I want to see more press highlights of your great work! All the best to you BLACKSwan!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete