My photo
Tri-State/NYC, United States
Rekindling my love affair with beauty...mind, body and soul.

8.04.2010

Fashion Find or Fashion Faux Pas? You Decide...

Leafing through some magazines, I recently saw some interesting trends that made me think about What Not To Wear. I'm all for stamping your signature style and individuality, so Beyond Beauty wants to know if you would:
Rock a Boho Headband?

I love the bohemian look especially for summer. It's so easy and free -- beaded necklaces and piles of bangles, but a boho headband? Ummm...I'll pass. However Zoe Kravitz does make it look like a "do". It just fits her character. She looks adorable.






Wear Thigh Highs?

Shenae Grimes from 90210 looks cute in this 90's throwback, but would you mimic the trend if it went mainstream? I have to admit, I had a black pair myself...with white trim! And yes, I wore them but only once. Please...no questions!



Brave a Bouffant

The piled high hairstyle was quite common in the 60's and it's back. Popularity these days ranges from the runway to weddings and boudoir shoots. But will this style go beyond those settings? Maybe. I happen to like bed head/big hair at the right time. I think you can always find a way to make this style work.






Invite Goth Back?

Fall 2010 welcomes the return of goth glam: dark, full vampy lips. Confidence comes into play when wearing this much color since all will be focused on your purple pout. Should this look be saved for the runway too or could you make it work in your every day? I am looking forward to the dramatic change from my usual nude gloss. Dare I say the same about you?


(If you want to channel your inner-diva and try any of the styling/beauty recommendations above, let me know. I have a great hairstylist, an A-list stylist, and of course, a makeup artist - yours truly- ready to assist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment