If you find you're apprehensive to indulge in the trend, try a glittery nail polish. They're usually sheer so you can build up to maximum brilliance. Try DEBORAH LIPPMAN All That Jazz Trio/$40. Shades included Razzle Dazzle, Some Enchanted Evening and Lady Sings the Blues. You may also like SEPHORA's OPI Limited Edition Collection/$9 (with green ingredient list). Try Only Gold For Me at right. Or opt for stick-on appliques!
For sparkles in your eyes, keep it simple. Use glitter eye liner to avoid looking too over the top. Try NOUBA Rainbow Eye Liner/$18 at http://www.beautyencounter.com/, BOBBI BROWN Glitter Liquid Liner/$20(lasts til the end of the party --it's waterproof) or Glitter Eyeliner from The SEPHORA COLLECTION. I like #5 the blue -- brightens the eyes.
Tips for Playing with Glitter:
- Purchase a safe cosmetic product like MAKE UP FOR EVER Glitters.
- Use a nude shadow base and apply glitter before it dries down.
- Glitter flies all over the place...get dressed after.
- Focus on one feature -- if you use glitter on your eyes, balance with soft lips sans shimmer.
- Clean up is easy with scotch tape -- removes specs from skin and clothes.