It's the soiree season! So you need something to carry you from the office to the fun without too much of a fuss. Enter the sheath -- a understated dress that is truly versatile.
If You're Leaving Work to Play:
- Make sure the length is appropriate for the office.
- Depending on your height, mid-calf or the to the knee lengths are flattering.
- Choose from a V-neck, scoop or sweetheart neckline. Avoid anything too revealing or low cut.
- Play it professional at the office with cardigan and flats
- Keep it fresh with a fitted jacket and sexy booties for after work drinks. ROCK & REPUBLIC Booties/$584 at rockandrepublic.com.
- Wear it with a wrap and sexy pumps to an extra special event.
- Keep your everyday purse locked up in the drawer -- grab an oversized clutch, big bold jewelry and a warm overcoat to complete the look.
The price range goes from affordable to luxe depending on the designer. Looks great on petite and curvy girls alike.
(Pix 1/far left: Diane by RALPH LAUREN/$98. Pix2/far right: ADRIENNE VITTADINI Zebra Sheath Dress/$210.