My photo
Tri-State/NYC, United States
Rekindling my love affair with beauty...mind, body and soul.

8.26.2011

Friday Favorites

The past few days have been very busy...makeup for a b-day celebration, two tv tapings and a teen makeunder! Typically, I have my "go-to" product pieces and this week was no exception.

If you follow me on twitter (hint: BLACKswanBeauty), you know I can't live without my MAKEUP FOREVER 5 Camouflage Cream Palette No 1 and No 4. It offers complete coverage to diminish dark circles, has a creamy texture and doesn't sink into fine lines. Bonus: Each palette also has a color corrector/$36 at MAKEUPFOREVER.


L'Oreal Color Riche LeGloss has just the right amount of pigment, a light sweet fragrance and emollients to create luscious lips. I recommended Watermelon Crush and Blushing Berry to my teen in place of the dark lipstick she was using to give her two completely different looks. On set, I used Peach Fuzz on top of a coral lipstick/$8 at local drugstores.



I also like cream/gel eye liners because of the long-wear and versatility (perfect for cat eye and smokey/smudged looks). As of late, I'm using MAYBELLINE Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner. It comes with a thin applicator brush but I use it with my MAC #266 angled brush for a precise line. I love it in Blackest Black alone -- goes on smooth, delivers an inky color payoff and doesn't budge. I suggest you wait a few minutes for the product to dry down. Another drugstore dandy/$10.


These are a few staples in my makeup bag and kit! They're tried and true and very affordable. What are some of your favorite products?

No comments:

Post a Comment